Thursday, February 12, 2009

Great Pumpkin Cookies!

I just tried the recipe below and they are so yummy! I modified the recipe to make it a bit healthier. I only put in 1/4 c. of each sugar and I used whole wheat flour and added about a 1/4 c. of wheat germ. I also omitted the chocolate chips and added a little extra cinnamon. They are still delicious and I feel nutritious enough to let Kelsey eat them as well.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

SERVINGS: 48

TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
  • 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. combine flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.

No comments: