Monday, December 1, 2008

A little discouraged

Well, it's been a couple weeks and I haven't sold anything on my store yet. I'm wondering if maybe the market is too tough as there is someone else selling similar things that seems to have a corner on the market. Should I give up? Do people not like my designs? What else can I do to seek out some freelance design jobs, or any job that can be done from home, for that matter? There is no way I am not staying home and raising my daughter, so how can I still feel like I am contributing to the family finances and make some extra spending money? These are all questions running through my head. I wish my freelance work with 123print would start up again. Finances are tight right now, as I am sure they are for most people. It is just a hard time of year to go from having plenty to being put on a tight budget. I'll just have to adapt. I don't want to become a miser though :o) I know the Lord still wants me to be generous and trust Him more because finances are tight.

Kelsey has been sick with a cold over Thanksgiving, which doesn't help my down mood. We were shut in pretty much the whole weekend and now Ross and I are getting her cold. Oh well! What can you do! I am going to try to stay positive. I said I would give Etsy a year, so that is what I will do, I just don't know how to improve my chances at selling something, or even how to market my store. Lord, help me! :o)

No comments: