Sunday, July 8, 2012

Submerged Book Review


I was given a free copy of Submerged from Bethany House Publishers to review.  I couldn't wait to receive it, as I am an avid Christian Mystery/Suspense reader.  I loved this book! I really liked how Pettrey interweaves a good Christian message about God's forgiveness/love and the need to forgive yourself.  I fell in love with the characters as well, very likeable and believable.  It is not as much of a page turner as some other Christian suspense/mystery novels I have enjoyed though (like Blackstock and Henderson novels).  The suspense part is a bit slow, but there is enough intrigue to keep you engaged and reading. Unrelated to the book, I love that Pettrey is a home-schooling mom (I was home-schooled through jr. and sr. highschool). Pettrey will now be an author I will follow and I really look forward to reading book #2!

No comments: