Monday, March 2, 2009

This Week's Featured Etsy Shop: Mom N Mia Quilts

This week's featured Etsy shop is Mom N Mia Quilts. Maria makes beautiful baby and children's items. I have personally purchased 2 items from her and I love them both. I got this turtle onsie for a shower gift for a friend of mine, so cute!Here is what Maria has to say about her shop and her items:
I started Mom N Mia Quilts 10 years ago as an outlet for my creative energy. I sell tons of baby items, bibs, burp cloths and blankets, but I specialize in custom creations like my quilts. One of my main selling venues is Etsy.com, but I have been selling at arts & crafts fairs, children's boutiques in the United States and Ireland for several years. Over the past 12 months I have started stocking over 12 boutiques, in the US and in Australia, Malaysia, Ireland and across Europe.

I have been sewing most of my life, but I never really enjoyed sewing until I was in college and learned to appreciate the value of being able to make things for myself. I made my first “quilt” on the floor in my dorm room at Michigan State University. My friends all thought I was crazy. I started sewing quilts for my friends as they started having babies, and I haven’t stopped. When I started having my own kids, and the number of nieces and nephews and friends’ children started growing, I began playing around making other blankets, burp cloths and bibs, and other fun items.
I love making items that are not just fun to look at, but are also high quality and actually useful! The burp cloths are made to be pretty AND functional – they are much more absorbent than the thin ones you can find in the chain stores, and the options are endless!! And I like having bibs that are actually big enough to catch all the spills and drool, and protect the little ones’ clothes! Kids are messy!! 5” wide bibs just don’t do the job!
I have a wonderful, supportive husband and I am a proud mommy to two beautiful children – my little girl Katie is 3.5, and my son Max turned 1 in December. I also work full-time as a legal assistant for a large hospital system. I love reading, traveling and spending time with my husband, kids and extended family. I am always dreaming up new projects!

No comments: